Friday, August 26, 2011

Return to Eve

My return to eve: 

I played Eve two years ago for about four months and then burned out like so many others have done before. Initially I was attracted to Eve when the Giant Bomb crew became fascinated with the horror of corporate espionage that takes place daily in the game. That was cool, but the internet ships were what sold me. 

So, I played happily for awhile non-stop as you do when introduced to a new "drug" and pretty soon the hill becomes MT. Everest and the non-stop grind to the top forces you to keel over dead. Quitting cold turkey was the only way to save myself, so I did. 

Two years later and now I'm back in outer space. Watching the protests in Jita, reminded me about Eve and the unique experiences it offers. Where others were un-subbing, I was re-subbing. Imagine that! 

I checked my main. Upgraded the face - walked around for a few seconds in the barren Captains Quarters and undocked my Harbinger - which I immediately destroyed in a LVL 3 mission. Yep, I was back in Eve alright.